|Saturday Morning at Kanata Farmers' Market|
Here's our usual haul:
- A mound of tomatoes
- Herbed (or not) goat cheese
- Free-range eggs
- Sourdough and/or whole-grain and seed bread
And then there are the ocassionals:
- green, yellow, and red peppers
- green and yellow string beans
- cauliflower (often made into "rice" or pizza crusts)
- brussel sprouts
- apples (honeycrisp again today... oh my!)
- and cilantro salsa (the recipe I tried--somewhat successfully--to copy this year.)
We put off the rest of our errands until tomorrow so we could enjoy this gorgeous weather (it looks grey, but there's actually a bright blue sky with just a few puffy clouds outside) and join some friends for a bike ride. Sooo... we're off, and you get a taste of my favourite errand of all!
P.S. This turned out to be a pretty fitting post for the night of the Harvest Moon! Hope you enjoy it.