Sunday, October 28, 2012

Oct 28 - Photo a Day - Looking Back

Retrospection

If you're like me, you have a friend or two who can remember a million details from the past. Or perhaps you are that lucky person with the vivid memory. Personally, most of my childhood memories would be lost were it not for my old photo albums.

It's not that the box gets dug out often, or that I moon over the no-longer-sticky pages covered with black-and-white or faded-colour images. But the tired cardboard box of school annuals and picture albums contains a wealth of smiling snapshots and portraits that trigger thousands of recollections.

Rarely am I able to reconstruct an entire day or complete conversations. What tends to surface are the highlights -- the sparkling moments that warm, inspire, delight, or tickle me.

This precious box, filled with images of family and friends, along with my beloved laptop (where the past nine years of electronic photo albums are stored) would be the first grabbed should disaster strike. Meanwhile, I hope you'll excuse me while I open a notebook and take another journey down Reminiscence Road.

No comments: