Sunday, October 14, 2012

Oct 14 - Photo a Day - Makes You Laugh

Rick and Nancy Chuckle Together

ROFL!


What a treat it is to find people who crack you up.

I've been told throughout my life that I'm far too serious... or intense... or sensitive. In truth, I am all of those things. There are many things that "the general population" finds hilarious which seem cruel or simply sad to me. Sit-coms usually don't qualify as comedy in my world. The things that make me laugh are goofy, off-the-wall, and strange to many.

 What I have learned though, thank goodness, is that I am far from alone. The longer I live, the more people come into my life who share my sensitivity and values. I'm blessed to have a partner who not only finds me funny, (an amazing thing in itself) but makes me grin, chortle, and snort. That feeling of finding kindred spirits -- those whose oddities are similar to yours -- is affirming and freeing, and that in itself inspires laughter.

Spending time with happy, loving people is truly a delight. Discovering partners-in-weirdness makes the journey so much more fun. And the best thing to help lighten the somber contemplation of our out-of-balance and somewhat uncertain future is a grand guffaw.


No comments: