Monday, August 05, 2013

July / August 2013 Photo A Day Project - Week Five / Week One

The photo-a-day challenge continues!

Mindfulness seems to be the theme of my life these days, as reflected by...

  • the books I'm reading (E-squared: Nine Do-It-Yourself Energy Experiments That Prove Your Thoughts Create Your Reality, by Pam Grout, and The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World, by Lynne McTaggert) 
  •  
  • the wonderful people I'm spending time with, and what we're discussing 
  •  
  • the continuing practice of tracking all of my food and exercise on SparkPeople
  •  
  • and beginning Deepak Chopra's 21-day meditation practice this morning.
 Following FatMumSlim's Photo a Day Challenge last month was another way to focus my attention on the beauty and blessings around me. Here, then, are the last three days of July's photos...



29 - Perspective



Five very cool men at the ESL Conversation Group
Five unique perspectives on the world




 

 

30 - Friendship

Best Friends Forevah!

 






31 - Workplace

Since I work mostly in clients' homes
I'll share Pierre's home office








And now... August's Word of the Day list of prompts:











1 - Something Beginning with N... (a series of four)

Copper says, "NOOOOOOOO! Not another nasty storm!"






And the Nervous pacing begins







And continues, no matter what we try...







... including attempting a DIY compression hoodie
which didn't calm his nerves, but was
incredibly cute.









2 - Incomplete


SparkPeople food tracker sans last night's dinner








3 - Skyline


A glorious evening walk after dinner
with dear neighbours and pups


1 comment:

Leanna said...

Love the pictures! I think Copper looks especially handsome in his DIY compression hoodie.

I also read E-Squared and The Intention Experiment. I'm curious to know what you think of both!